Curiask recognises the importance of protecting the privacy of anyone, whether they are customers or third parties, who provide their personal information to us.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When used in this policy, “personal information” generally includes any information that can be used to personally identify you.
We promote our services using Google Analytics Advertising Features. Google and other third parties collect data about traffic to this site via advertising cookies and identifiers. This means we are able to display ads on other sites to you, that are relevant to you, based on your previous visits to our website. If you would like to prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, please click on https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Otherwise, find out how Google Analytics uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps, at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners
THE FOLLOWING TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE COLLECTED FROM YOU
- your name;
- your residential or business address;
- your email address;
- your post code;
- your gender;
- your age and date of birth;
- your signature;
- your telephone number;
- your proof of identity, such as your drivers licence or passport number;
We may also collect information from you that is not personal information because it does not identify you personally. This information is normally retained with your personal information and may include:
- your shopping preferences and a list of products and services you have purchased from Curiask. This may include shopping history, product types you have viewed or purchases, departments you have viewed or purchased from, specifications, sizes, dimensions, colours, occasion date, or other attributes of products and services we have provided to you or may provide to you in the future;
- relevant information required to deliver, service or fulfill warranty obligations for products or services you have purchased;
- your marketing preferences, including marketing materials you wish to receive and the method of delivery (email, SMS, direct mail, or other);
- your membership number if you are a member of our loyalty program, transaction history, account preferences, and reward redemption history for loyalty program rewards or services;
- information you provide to us via our customer service centre, website, forms, or directly to team members within our business in relation to products and services we sell and/or provide;
- your device identification information when you use a computer, a mobile device, a smart phone, a tablet, or any other device to access our WiFi service or interact with us through our online store (www.curiask.com). This information includes but is not limited to session cookies, IMEI number of your device, IP address / MAC address; and
- information collected via our secure payment processing systems.
The primary reason why we may collect your personal information is so we can sell and promote our products to you. Additionally, we may collect your personal information so that we can:
- provide you with products / services that you have requested from us;
- communicate with you about products / services, special offers, events which might interest you and other similar reasons;
- answer questions you may have about our products and services and provide you with advice or information about our products and services;
- communicate with you on social media and digital marketing;
- create orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts;
- to provide you with special offers in accordance with the terms and conditions of our website any of our loyalty program you may have signed up for;
- provide your personal information to third parties such as service providers and fulfillment managers to assist us in providing products and services you have requested;
- carry out activities pertaining to marketing, planning, administration, fraud and loss prevention, procurement, product and service development, quality control and research to continuously improve how Curiask and its related arms provide products and services to you;
- to resolve complaints made by you;
- to ensure we comply with relevant laws or regulations;
In the event where we are unable to collect your personal information, the following may occur:
- we may not be able to provide you products or services, to the expected standard or at all;
- we may not be able to communicate with you to provide you with information about products / services that you have purchased from us, or intend to purchase in the future;
- we may not be able to tailor our marketing communications to suit your preferences;
- your expectations may not be met in terms of your experience when interacting with us;
PSEUDONYMS AND ANONYMITY
WHAT ROLE DO COOKIES PLAY
Not the choc chip types, these cookies are snippets of information captured when your device is used to access online content. Cookies are used to provide a streamlined online experience, identify and store your personal preferences without the need for you to save them, and provide you with appropriate and relevant content, products, services and promotions. Cookies can be turned off by adjusting the settings on your web browser.
NO UNSOLICITED INFORMATION
We aim to only take information from you that is reasonably necessary for our business functions. Any information you send to us about you, that we have not requested, which we deem is not reasonably necessary or directly related to any of our business functions may be deleted without notifying you to protect your privacy.
HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information is collected from you directly, unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so.
The following interactions can result in the collection of your information:
- you join our loyalty program;
- you register on our website, create an account, or subscribe to our marketing material;
- you use our WiFi service or access our website, or interact with us via social or digital media;
- you provide your information to any of our team members;
- you communicate with us by email, phone, mail or any other means;
- you interact with us for promotions, competitions or special events;
HOW DO WE HOLD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We hold personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. Information provided to us electronically is retained in our computer systems and databases. Information provided to us in hard copy (paper) is retained in our files and a copy is made to our electronic files.
Your Security is one of our highest priorities. We use the highest industry standards in security measures to protect your information. We take reasonable steps to make sure your personal information is protected from loss, unauthorised access, modification, disclosure and misuse.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information may be disclosed to our employees, contractors, service provides, related companies and brands, business advisors, our lawyers, accountants or other professional service providers, our loyalty program partners and suppliers, third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, law enforcement agencies and any person authorised by law, to emergency services or government departments to the extend reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations to you.
OVERSEAS DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Some of our partners pertaining to our marketing, social media management and products / order management are located offshore. There there may arise a need where we may disclose your personal information to these third party partners and service providers located offshore for the sole purpose of serving you. We take reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy is not breached by the overseas recipients of your personal information.
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services via the channels you have nominated. This may include, but is not limited to, email, text, mail, social media and other digital channels. We endeavor to communicate with you using the method of communication you have indicated a preference for. At any time, you may opt out of receiving marketing communications, by responding via the channel in which you received the marketing communication. We do not provide your personal information to any other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing.
**How you may access your information
You can access your personal information by logging into our website www.curiask.com.
CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you would like us to update or amend your personal information, please log into our website www.curiask.com and amend it accordingly.
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us immediately.
The Curiask team will acknowledge receipt of your complaint/request within 48 hours and respond to your complaint/request within 5 business days. We will then work with you until the complaint/issue is resolved.
ANY OTHER SERVICES